Season 7 Of Monday Night Magic Pops Up At Artscape This Spring
The number seven is believed to be lucky in many cultures and it is indeed a special one for Monday Night Magic, which returns for its seventh season on October 1, 2018. This time around, the pop-up theatre will be in a new location – the Opera Bar at the newly-renovated Artscape Theatre Centre on Cape Town’s Foreshore.
“It’s a great honour that Artscape Theatre Centre has agreed to host our tailor-made ‘pop up’ theatre within the Centre, so we can maintain the atmosphere of an intimate experience of magic that leaves audiences feeling they’ve immersed themselves in wonder,” says Executive Producer, Marcel Oudejans, who founded the Cape Town Magic Club theatre company in 2016.
Over its six seasons since 2016, the concept has seen Cape Town audiences introduced to a variety of magical disciplines, from sleight of hand and mentalism, to the carnival sideshow attraction of escape artists. As its title suggests, the shows take place only on Monday nights, with one or two shows featuring some of the top names in local and international magic, as well as providing a platform for the young up-and-coming next-generation of magicians (including recent Junior Magician Champions).
A Completely Different Line-up every Monday Night
Over 20 world-class performers will appear throughout the nine shows of this season (the 7th), so audiences can expect to see a different, dynamic line-up each Monday night. All ready confirm are internationally-recognised performers including Larry Soffer and Magic Man; junior magic champions Anele Dyasi and Jamian Fortune; theatre-award winners like Brendon Peel; corporate event specialists Marcel Oudejans and Greg Gelb; and young rising stars Mawonga Gayiya and Ryan Jones, among others.
Expect a theatre show “with a difference” that’s guaranteed to surprise, amuse, amaze, and above all, entertain you!
- Monday Night Magic shows are every Monday night at 19h00 and 21h00 from 1 October to 26 November 2018
- Performer lineup: www.magic.capetown/
- Shows take place in the Cape Town Magic Club theatre within the Opera Bar at Artscape Theatre Centre, Cape Town, South Africa
- Ticket prices: R200 Golden Circle, R170 General Admission, Block booking rates available
- No under 13s for the 7pm shows, no under 18s for the 9pm shows
- Tickets available online at www.magic.capetown/tickets
- Website: www.magic.capetown